Please be aware: we realize some people have a hard time using really strong magnets which is why we have gone to great lengths to provide as much instruction as possible both on our website, videos and tips card sent with each purchase. They do require some practice however if you have patience, they work very well. Unless it's really windy we suggest runners use just 3 to help avoid the magnets bunching up.
If your new RaceDots® are just not what you want, and it is within 30 days of your purchase, we will issue you a refund*. Please e-mail us for a Return Authorization Number: firstname.lastname@example.org and ship them to us (we recommend paying for tracking as we are not responsible for lost shipments). Only after we receive your undamaged Racedots, in their original packaging, will we issue your refund.
We reserve the right to inspect all returned product and make a determination regarding refunds. For items that are returned to us as un-deliverable, we will issue a refund to the card used for purchase, minus the cost of shipping.
You may exchange your RaceDots for a different color if your item is still in the condition in which it was received in the original, unopened packaging.
Placing a new order and returning your RaceDots (which will be refunded once received) at the same time is probably the fastest way to get your new item and ensure that the color you want is in stock. However, returning* the item to initiate an exchange is fine with us, too.
New Policy: If you break a ring magnet please e-mail us a photo and we will send you a replacement(s) at our cost. Info@racedots.com
Items that fail due to manufacturing defect and are returned within 90 days from ship date will either be replaced or refunded (after an evaluation by our team). RaceDots that have been lost or damaged due to:
- being dropped
- snapping together without material in between
- a crash or trauma
are not covered by warranty and will not be replaced.
Lost: RaceDots can be knocked off if not used properly. If they are lost for any reason while in use, it is not because they stopped being strong–RaceDots are permanent magnets which require 5-6lbs of pull force to separate and they will still be that strong in 50 years. If you knock them off, that is not covered by our warranty. If you drop one and cannot find it, that is not covered by our warranty. If your RaceDots stick to metal or each other and you don't like that about magnets and want a return, that is not covered by our warranty (after all, they are just being magnets and RaceDots are super-strong magnets). Single RaceDots are available through our online shop. We do not recommend using RaceDots for obstacle events/races or any race which requires participants to swim, crawl or have any physical contact with their race number.
HOW TO MAKE A RETURN
1. E-mail email@example.com to request a Return Authorization Number. Please include your original order number. (RaceDots received as perk for an Indiegogo contribution are not eligible for return or exchange.) If you are exchanging RaceDots for color, please indicate which color you would like to receive.
2. When you receive your Return Authorization number, write the Return Authorization number on the original order confirmation (or a piece of paper if you can't find it), and enclose in your return package. We will give you an address with your RA number. When returning Racedots, please ensure they are protected and well-packaged to avoid damage in transit. If they are lost while shipping back to use we are not responsible for replacing them.
3. When we receive your return, we will either issue your refund to the card that was used to pay for the item or we will send out the requested exchanged product.
If you mailed your package back to us and you haven't received your refund yet, don't panic. We will try to process your return as soon as it arrives, although it can take up to a week for us to process a return during busy periods. During these periods it’s not possible to confirm receipt of your package prior to be being processed. When that happens, you will get an email confirmation.
Our refund policy only applies to purchases made through www.racedots.com. Any purchases through retailers must be handled by them directly.
* Refunds and exchanges for orders will be less our cost of shipping.